|Name||Robot Modeling and Virtual Prototyping|
|Status||Compulsory/Courses of Limited Choice|
|Level and type||Post-graduate Studies, Academic|
|Field of study||Computer Science|
|Academic staff||Zigurds Markovičs, Matīss Eriņš|
|Credit points||3.0 (4.5 ECTS)|
In study course industrial robot (IR) virtual prototyping, modeling and simulations is reviewed. Prototyping is divided in steps and includes IR work station development, work environment, instrument and work object definition and configuration. Advanced prototyping includes manipulator work in many components environment, were work synchronization tasks are described and overlooked..
Robot modeling includes development of robot control principle and work execution program..
Subject is mainly based on practical lectures, where industrial robot irb1600 and RobotStudio modeling software are considered. .
Goals and objectives
of the course in terms
of competences and skills
|In case of successful course accomplishment, student can without assistance develop random type and configuration IR stations and can provide its programming.|
1. Teoretical knowledge about industrial robot history, structures and types - Positive knowledge evaluation mark in exam (1. p)
2. Knowledge about deeper teoretical questions which include questions about industrial robot control systemsand structures - Student can show knowledge about given issue (1. p)
3. Can define industrial robot intelectual control principles - Positive knowledge evaluation mark in particular questions in exam (1. p)
4. Student can prototype different level industrial robot systems, which includes work object and tool definitions - Student can solve given laboratory work task. Positive laboratory work evaluation (2. p)
5. Student can make station and work process modeling of an individual industrial robot - Student can create work process model and perform it by using particular software (2. p)
6. Student can develop solution of modeling of multi robot stations and their simultaneous work - Positive result in practical works (1. p)
7. Student can solve direct and inverse manipulator kinematic task - Positive mark in practical student work study (2. p)
|Course prerequisites||Math, Robotics|